I tried buying mobile load from Load.com.ph and Mobius Online. These two companies offer different types of prepaid load (cell, game, internet, phone cards) and have recently signed a partnership. I observed that the concept of both companies are very similar.
What's similar?
1) Wallet system. Both employ their own currency. In order to buy products from their site, you must fund your account with "load credits" or Mobius "e-points". PHP 1 = 1 load credit or e-points
2) Both have their own prepaid cards to load your account. Load.com.ph has the "All-in-1 Prepaid" card, Mobius has the "MobiusOnline Prepaid Card".
3) Both cater the Philippine market only. People abroad have no access to those prepaid cards to fund their account.
4) You can transfer load credits to another load.com.ph member, and transfer e-points to another MobiusOnline member (e-pasa).
So what's the partnership between Load.com.ph and Mobius Online about?
The most obvious one is that you can buy Mobius e-points at Load.com.ph. But why would I do this? I would just buy load directly at Load.com.ph instead of topping up my Mobius account, right? Unless Mobius sells some products Load.com.ph doesn't have. I found out that Mobius sells game load that Load.com.ph doesn't have - MU, Gunbound, and GoPets.
Thing is, you can't buy load.com.ph's load credits in Mobius Online. Why?
Disadvantages
1) Loading your account at Load.com.ph and Mobius Online is a hassle. You have to go to a store to buy their own prepaid card. Although you can fund your Load.com.ph via Smart Money or through bank deposit.
I funded my Load.com.ph account via bank deposit, thanks to Innoload. But it was a hassle. After depositing to their bank account, you have to fax the deposit slip to them. After faxing, your account will be loaded within the hour. Going through all that to load your account is an inconvenience. Funding via credit card is also possible, but is not working at the moment.
Mobius Online has a more limited network to loading your account. Loading is only possible when you buy from load.com.ph or through a prepaid card. Here's what I find strange - there are stores that loads your Mobius account electronically. From their website: "The cashier will either load up your account directly using your MobiusOnline username, or provide you with an ePIN."
Load.com.ph and Mobius Online can expand their network in loading so there would be more options to choose from. What happens to your "load credits" or "e-points" stored in their system? Can you convert them to cash?
Oh another thing. I got to buy Globe Autoloadmax from Mobius, and I got it immediately. Load.com.ph doesn't sell Globe Autoloadmax, they sell Globe prepaid through electronic pins.
I guess these sites are useful to gamers who usually go to Internet cafes where these prepaid cards are sold. There's also discounts on some products, so that's good.


No comments:
Post a Comment